Here are the resources you need to make the most of life at BA.
New Family FAQ
What does my child need to bring to school?
- A backpack, lunch, and a snack (click here for useful info about reusable lunch containers)
- Label everything: sweatshirts, water bottles, lunch box, etc. If it can get lost, it will. And, in that case, check our lost and found area, located right outside the library.
- Please have your child wear closed-toed shoes, no crocs or flip flops
- Please, no toys
- All classroom supplies are provided
What about hot lunch?
- Hot lunch offers a variety of 4 hot and 4 cold meals daily
- You can view and order lunches online
What are the drop off/pick up procedures?
- Safety, safety, and safety are our top priorities
- If you drive, drop off is on Belle Avenue, in the white zone in front of the school
- Stay in line and keep everyone in the car until you get to the unloading zone
- It’s often easiest to park on a nearby street (Arroyo, Birch, Cordilleras) and walk from there
- PLEASE use the crosswalks; no j-walking on Belle: it’s extremely dangerous
How do I volunteer?
- You’ll find lots of options like helping in the classroom with Art In Action or BUGS programs, computer lab, etc., as well as tons of committees. Time commitments range from very small to very not so small so there’s something for everyone.
- Your child’s teacher may also have some sign-ups on Back to School night
- Other opportunities will pop up throughout the year. Here are the latest PTA openings.
What do I do if my child will be absent?
- Please call the office at 508-7307, preferably before school starts
- The School District doesn’t receive state funds for any absent child so please plan trips accordingly and send your child to school unless he or she is ill
How do I make this transition easy for my child?
- A good night’s sleep, healthy breakfast, and clean body go a long way
- Give your child plenty of time to rest and play after school during these first weeks
Remember, when in doubt, just ask a fellow parent. We were all the new parent at one point and are happy to help!